Ted A. Irwin
- Graduate Gemologist (G.G.), Gemological Institute of America
- Independent Certified Gemologist Appraiser (I.C.G.A), American Gem Society
- Accredited Senior Gemologist, Accredited Gemologists Association
- Member, National Association of Jewelry Appraisers
- Member, Association of Independent Jewellery Valuers
- Member, Jewelers Vigilance Committee
- Member, American Society of Jewelry Historians
- Member, Scottish Gemological Association
- 2014-2015 Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP)
- Insurance Producer’s License State of Washington
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, University of Puget Sound
- President, Northwest Gemological Laboratory, Inc. (NGL), an independent laboratory for the appraisal for fine jewelry and gemstones.
- Media consultant for consumer advocacy on gemstones and jewelry scams – appearing in segments aired on CBS Evening News, This Morning, local affiliates KIRO and KING TV. Expert panel discussion on diamonds, KIRO radio, gemological expert, Antiques Road Show, PBS.
- Expert testimony in jewelry and gemstone matters at trial and through deposition.
- Estimated articles appraised: 200,000+
- Several hundred appraisal clinics
- Director, Northwest Gemological Institute, L.L.C. (NGI), school of gemology and period jewelry.
- Instructor, developer of gemological courses open to the trade and public including Diamond Grading, Gemstone Identification, Gemstone Evaluation, Opals, Jade and Precious Metals, corporate training nation-wide. Host of the Northwest Jewelry Conference, an annual multi-speaker gathering for period jewelry enthusiasts.
- American Gem Society – Appraisal Standards, Education, Gemological Sciences committees
- Accredited Gemologists Association – Board of Governors, Tucson and Las Vegas conference committees
See “Recent Events” listing for recent trade participation.